- 5 possible toasting levels: light long, medium, medium long, medium +, heavy.
- Precise, unique study of toasting levels by Billon master-coopers.
- Over 70 years of expertise.
- Different sources of wood possible:. French oak (Allier, Les Vosges, Nièvre, Burgundy, Limousin) American oak, European oak, Acacia.
- Seasoned outdoors for 24, 30, 36, 42 months.
- CTB certification
- Accompanies your wines without altering their character
- A wonderfully elegant relationship between the wine and the wood
- Billon toasting creates precise, straightforward aromas while retaining what is essential: the work of the winemaker and expression of the terroir.
Richelieu: the special red wine barrel
The Richelieu barrel is specially designed for ageing red wines.
- Blend of wood from 3 different forests in 3 mountain ranges: Central France, Jura, Ardennes.
- Wood seasoned outdoors for 36 months.
- Toasting specially developed for red wines.
- Primary objective: respect the wood/wine balance.
- Round tannins, elegance, texture developed by the Richelieu barrel.
Fruit preserved and brought to the fore.
The Richelieu is easy to recognise with its red wax seal.
- 228L “Burgundy”
- 225L “Bordeaux”.
Select: special barrel for long ageing
- Select has two toasting levels specially for long ageing.
- Precise, unique study of toasting levels by the Billon master-coopers.
- Over 50 years expertise.
- Select accompanies your wines without altering their character.
- Billon toasting develops precise, straightforward aromas while retaining the essence of the wine.
- Stringent selection of staves and very fine grains.
- Long-standing cooperation with selected stave mills.
- At least 24 months’ natural seasoning outdoors.
- 100% French oak blend.
- CTB certification No.8.
- A special limited series due to its rarity.
225-litre Bordeaux barrel
The Bordeaux barrel (225 L) has a long and narrow bilge. It is generally encircled by galvanised steel hoops, 27 or 22mm wide. Export finish, Château Ferrée and Château Tradition
- thickness : 27 mm,
- Diamètre tète : 57 cm,
- diamètre bouge 69 cm,
- Height : 95 cm,
- Finition Export (6 ou 8 cercles), Château, Château Prestige.
Burgundy barrel (228 litres)
With a rounded and broad bilge, the Burgundy barrel (228 L) has forged the reputation of Burgundy wines for a long time. It has galvanised steel hoops (export finish) or galvanised steel and chestnut hoops (Tradition or Bâtard finish).
- thickness : 27 mm,
- Diamètre tète : 60 cm,
- diamètre bouge 72cm,
- Height : 88 cm,
- Finition Export (6 ou 8 cercles), Bâtard, Tradition.
Rue lucien Perriaux
ZI Beaune Vignoles
21200 – Beaune
Mail : email@example.com